Gail Taylor Rice, EdD, EdS, CHES, RN, PHN
Thanks for your interest in a speaking engagement. Due to the volume of requests I have received over the past three years, I have developed these guidelines to help you determine whether I will help serve your specific needs, and to give you some basic information about fees and expenses. Please note that these are guidelines; I am willing to work with institutions in special circumstances to see if we can accommodate your event and your budget.
One-day Campus Visit
The basic fee for a one-day campus visit is $4,500 plus some travel expenses (see below). That fee covers up to three events and can include any combination of events that you wish. The most frequent requests I am presently receiving are for
- Hitting Pause: Stop Teaching for Learning
- Presentation based on the book, Hitting Pause: 65 Lecture Breaks to Refresh and Reinforce Learning
- This could be a keynote, followed by a half day workshop; or occasionally an evening keynote followed by a half day workshop the following day.
- Standing Room Only: 6 Strategies to Increase Lecture Attendance –
- This presentation ideally follows the same possibilities as the Hitting Pause presentations
- Formative Dialogues: Soaring Faculty Member Performance through Gentle Peer Review
- Again, this presentation works best with one of the above formats.
The basic fee for a one-hour large group session is $3,000 plus minimal travel expenses. All of the above presentations are available.
The fee for a one hour zoom plenary is $3,000. No additional travel expenses are involved.
I try to keep these as simple as possible, and ask for reimbursement for only the following items: transportation to and from your campus (airfare and transportation to/from the airport, or mileage for events within 3 hours driving distance from Riverside, California) and hotel costs. I am happy to fly from the least expensive airports and look for the most inexpensive fares, in order to help save you money. For local events that don’t require an overnight stay, I do not ask for any travel expenses.
Photographs and Recordings
Photography at events is always fine (and I love to receive images when possible). Video recordings are fine as well as long as they are not posted publicly. They can be made available to other members of the campus community who could not attend the event if they are kept within a protected institutional site.
The honorarium check is expected on the day of the event(s), before I leave campus. If there are travel expenses, those should be reimbursed no more than two weeks after the event.
Question or concerns about any of this? Just ask. Best contact is email. firstname.lastname@example.org